Are disabled parking spaces available?
The main car park in front of the Villa Hügel contains two parking spaces for guests with Disabled ID.
Is the Villa Hügel accessible for wheelchair users?
The public areas are accessible for wheelchairs by using a lift. There are two ramps at the front of the house to facilitate entry with a wheelchair. Only the rooms containing temporary exhibitions are not completely accessible.
Please note: Parts of the entrance area include historical pavement which may limit accessibility. The Hügel Park contains slopes and some unpaved paths.
Are disabled-accessible toilets available?
Both the Main House and the Krupp Historical Exhibition contain disabled-accessible toilets.
|Childen 14 and older||Euro 5,00|
|Employees of thyssenkrupp AG &
Alfried Krupp Hospital
|Free admission (with employee ID)|
|School groups||reservation required|
Please note: Admission tickets and tour group fees must be paid in cash.</strong;
There is no guarded cloakroom available at Villa Hügel. Valuables and smaller bags can be locked in the lockers in the Krupp Historical Exhibition in the Kleines Haus.
Please refrain from carrying larger luggage and leave it in the bus or the boot of your car. However, if you are carrying larger items of luggage (such as travel trolleys, large rucksacks or bicycle bags), please leave them at the unguarded cloakroom. However, we cannot accept any liability for loss or damage. Valuables should be taken into the building if possible.
Small backpacks or shoulder bags should be carried by hand to protect the historic interior.
see page Corona rules
Are you arriving by car?
Leave the motorway A52 at exit 27 ‘Essen-Haarzopf’ or 28 ‘Essen-Rüttenscheid’, then follow signs for ‘Villa Hügel’. GPS: Haraldstrasse, 45133 Essen
Ample parking spaces and two marked parking spaces for visitors with disability cards are available on the Villa Hügel grounds.
Are you arriving by train?
Take the S-Bahn S6, which runs between Essen Main Station and Köln-Worringen, to the ‘Essen-Hügel’ stop, then follow the signs on the footpath. (approx. 300 m) Note: Please be aware that the rail stop is not disabled accessible. Further information: www.bahn.de
Are you arriving by public transport?
Take the Essen tram line 107 or 108 to ‘Frankenstraße’ and from there bus line 194 to the ‘Zur Villa Hügel’ stop. (approx. 1,500-m walk)
Further information: vrr.de
Food and drink may not be consumed inside the buildings.
We appreciate your understanding that dogs and other pets are not allowed on the grounds of the Villa Hügel, including inside cars. Excepted from this rule are service dogs accompanying their owners (for example seeing-eye dogs).
It is also not permitted to remain in the car. You will find alternative parking spaces at Lake Baldeney (e.g. Freiherr-vom-Stein-Straße 209, 45133 Essen).
- A personal souvenir photo, a short video with hill background? For private purposes, photography is of course permitted both inside the buildings and outside – but really exclusively for private purposes. The entire site, including the buildings, is a listed building due to its historical significance and architecture. You are therefore not allowed to use a flash or other external light sources, a tripod or a selfie stick. Have you observed all this? Then nothing stands in the way of publication on social networks (such as Facebook or Instagram).
Professional bloggers and influencers are exempt from this.
- Impressive drone pictures of Villa Hügel? Sorry, but drone footage is not permitted.
- Commercial filming and photography in the park or Villa Hügel? Advertising shoots, tourism projects, exhibition projects, photos for print or online publications or fashion shoots, etc. unfortunately cannot take place on the grounds or in the buildings.
- Professionally organised shoots or projects with public interest? Permits will also not be issued for blogs, school or university projects, art projects, freelance filming, weddings.
- Are there any exceptions? In individual cases, the Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach Foundation, as the owner, grants special permits for projects that fulfil the spirit of the foundation and have a non-profit character. Applications can be submitted at email@example.com.
There is no food service available on the Villa Hügel grounds. However, there are various restaurants and cafés located near Lake Baldeney.
All prices are plus price of admission
|Tour||Duration||Price plus admission||Max. numer of participants|
Sundays 11:00 am, 12:30 pm and
|60 min.||Euro 3,00 per person|
Villa Hügel (Standard)
|90 min.||Euro 60,00||20|
Villa Hügel (short)
|60 min.||Euro 50,00||20|
|Krupp Historical Exhibition||60 min.||Euro 50,00||20|
|Theme tour incl. introduction to the Krupp story||90 min.||Euro 70,00||15|
|Theme tour without introduction to the Krupp story||60 min.||Euro 60,00||15|
|Park tour (short)||60 min.||Euro 60,00||20|
|Park tour (long)||120 min.||Euro 80,00||20|
|Park tour park & house||120 min.||Euro 80,00||20|
|School groups||60 min.||price upon request||25|
|Foreign language surcharge||Euro 10,00|